4410 Cemetery Rd., Hilliard, Ohio 43026
The mission of Hilliard Food Pantry is simple – improve the well-being of our community by providing food and support. Founded over 55 years ago, it has been funded entirely from contributions of individuals, businesses and organizations.
The Hilliard Food Pantry is operated by the Hilliard Community Assistance Council (HCAC), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. It is managed by a volunteer board of not more than eleven members. There is one full-time employee for the pantry.
In 2019, the Hilliard Food Pantry saw 4936 visits from families in our community. Families are eligible to receive a 5 day supply of food once a month. The organization formed in 1960 and incorporated in 1963.
The majority of the food, perishable and non-perishable comes from Mid-Ohio Foodbank or one of its sources. Very important to the pantry is retail pickup. We pick up from Aldi, GFS, Big Lots, Giant Eagle, Target and Kroger. These donations are perishable foods such as produce and meat. Food is also donated from the restaurants, Little Caesars and Dickeys BBQ Pit. Non-perishable food is received from individual donations and the many food drives that run throughout the year.
How can you help the Hilliard Food Pantry?
- Organize a food drive and/or fundraiser at work, through your church, or even in your neighborhood. The possibilities to organize a food drive are up to you!
- In lieu of gifts (birthday, anniversary, etc.), you could request food and/or personal care items that could be donated to the Hilliard Food Pantry
- Donate extra produce from your garden
- Become a regular volunteer with the Hilliard Food Pantry. You could be responsible for stocking shelves, shopping with clients or helping with food donation intake.
- On occasion, we need help to sort large donations.
- Become a driver in our Direct Retail Pickup Program
Our operations are funded by generous donations from friends and neighbors. Your tax-deductible contribution will help purchase food such as oil or eggs and provide utility assistance
to families in the Hilliard area. For your convenience, we have three easy ways to make a charitable contribution to the Hilliard Food Pantry – online, by mail or in person.
- Tuesday 10am – 1pm
- Thursday 6pm – 8pm
- Saturday 9am – 12pm