P. O. Box 153
Hilliard, OH 43026
Our mission at Patches of Light is to assist families with critically and terminally ill children so that they can remain together during their hospitalizations and treatments. Our funding is used to pay for past due mortgages, rent, and utilities. We provide phone cards, gas cards, grocery cards and parking tokens. Many parents do not even have the comfort of knowing whether they can make it to the hospital on a daily basis.
Patches of Light assists with emergencies such as: auto repairs, housing for long distance care, airline tickets, supporting families that stay at the Ronald McDonald House, extermination and/or purification items for bone-marrow patients homes and much more. We have assisted families throughout the United States, including Alaska and Hawaii. We have also helped families from Africa, England, and Palestine.
Patches of Light is based and founded on the experiences of Rodney and Mindy Atwood. The Atwood’s have experienced first-hand the hardship, heartache and stress that accompanies having a critically ill child.
Every day, we receive requests for help from families in need. Although Patches of Light cannot solve the problems every family faces when a child is ill, with your help, we can continue to make a profound difference in their lives and in our communities. Patches of Light receives no federal or state funding of any kind. Our Board of Directors help as volunteers and over 90% of all money donated goes to help our sponsored families, so it all boils down to YOU! Help us reach even MORE families in need by joining us today.Whether you give your time or your financial resources or help by providing treatment journals or HUG bags—either as a corporation or as an individual—your involvement will have a significant impact. Nothing is too small! No matter what kind of contribution you make, it could well be one of the most rewarding things you ever do!
Board of Directors
- Mindy Richmond Atwood, Founder and Chairman of the Board, email@example.com
- Terri Taylor Botsko, President, Board of Directors, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tracy Stacy, Vice President, email@example.com
- Sandy Smith Nowak, Secretary and Volunteer Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marie Dean Pugsley, Treasurer, email@example.com
- Darryl Walters, Events Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melissa “Missy” Brown, Mabrown369@live.com
- Terry Lord, email@example.com
- Todd McGinnis, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michelle Schonhardt, email@example.com